Jul 18, 2014

It´s ugly to have money, it´s ugly to not have money


Still in school, 12 years back, I had ended up in a class with very strong minded people, especially when it came to politics and money.
One day when we were chilling, waiting for one of our classes to start, we discussed what we had gotten for Christmas, (when thinking back on things, maybe I should have lied, but first of all I am not a good lier and secondly why should I have to?).  Anyways, I stated that I got like 400 dollar something as a gift of my parents. The reaction I got, I could never have imagined, some of my classmates stated "that is simply wrong", "I don´t  think you should have gotten that" etc.
Funny is, that this was the same people who thought some clothes were nice looking just because it was of a high fashion brand. I still remember sporting a yellow hoody of a high fashion brand and they going "oh what a nice hoody, I want that", (note that they never commented on anything I was wearing when it was of a simple H&M brand).
Back then I learned, that money isn´t the best thing to discuses with people you don´t know well.

No comments:

Post a Comment