Jul 22, 2014

The smallest thing can make a difference


Last night there was a fire in the building next to me. At that time I didn´t know it was next to me though, so I decided to go up and down the stairs in my building to see if the smell and smoke came from where any of the elderly people are living in the house. Knowing that at least one of them lives alone and can´t walk very good, I didn´t want anyone to get hurt. 
What surprised me is that I was the only one doing so, and I´m not saying this to paint myself as a saint, (I´m not), more so to make people think that extra step. I was thinking about that I wish someone had done the same it being my grandmother when she was still alive and If not for anything else, only for the reason that next time it might be you that needs help.

No comments:

Post a Comment